Welcome To My Book Club!


I never used to read, but I like to say that God had other plans for me.

I started as a ministry trainee at Manor Park Church in Worcester in January 2022 and then became one of two trainee pastors in January 2023. Rightly so, a large part of my training is reading. Reading allows me to better understand the Bible, biblical doctrine, the Christian life, and the world around me. I also have the pleasure of studying on the EMW's Theological Training Course (even more reading!).

What do I read?

Primarily, Christian literature. This could be biographies of famous Christians to be inspired and educated by their journeys, books that focus on specific doctrines like prayer and grace, or books about Christian living.

What is Nathan's Book Club?

My problem with reading has always been choosing which books to read. I'm never sure whether a book is going to be worth my limited time. This is where I hope my "book club" will lend a helping hand. For every book I read, I will write a quick review to collect my own thoughts and to help you decide whether that book is worth your time too.

How do I review these books?

When I approach a book, there are a few questions I want to be answered before I commit to reading said book.

  • How long is the book?
  • How easy is it to read?
  • What am I getting out of this book?
  • Is this book good?!

In my reviews, I will answer these questions very simply to help you decide if you want to pick up this book. I hope these reviews will be a blessing to you and assist you in your decision making.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Selina, Countess of Huntingdon by Faith Cook

The Meaning of Marriage by Tim and Kathy Keller